Warm Up with This Comforting Vegetable Stew
There’s something so incredibly comforting about a big bowl of warming stew. In winter months, a big batch of soup or stew can feed the family for days. It’s food for the soul, as well as the belly, and this vegetable stew proves it! When the frigid cold weather rolls in, we love nothing more than hunkering down in our coziest attire over a piping bowl of comforting stew.
If you’re looking for a quick and easy (and delicious!) stew, look no further than this hearty winter vegetable recipe! It is packed full of veggies, herbs, and chestnuts. It’s a great dish to cook slowly throughout the day to make your home smell amazing and give you a nutritious and tasty meal.
Whip up this easy and delicious stew to serve as the ultimate comfort food on those cold winter nights!
- 2 Onions (finely sliced)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium butternut squash (peeled, deseeded, and cubed)
- Boiling water
- Approximately 400g mixed sliced mushrooms
- 1 medium rutabaga (peeled, cubed)
- 200g chopped chestnuts (buy peeled, cooked & ready to use)
- Sea salt (to taste)
- Small handful of fresh thyme (finely chopped)
- Handful fresh tarragon (optional)
- Heat olive oil in a large casserole dish
- Fry the onions for a few minutes until soft and translucent
- Add the rutabaga, squash, mushrooms, and more seasoning to the casserole, and sweat for approximately 10 minutes until the mushrooms are soft
- Stir in the fresh thyme and chestnuts, and almost cover the ingredients with boiling water (if unsure, best to add less, otherwise the stew will be too thin), add a little more seasoning
- Once it comes to the boil, reduce the heat, cover with a lid and gently simmer for 40-60 minutes
- Season to taste and serve with fresh tarragon
We hope that you enjoy this warming recipe!
Contact Lamburt Corporation Insurance in Stratford, CT, for all your insurance and pie needs. As an independent insurance company, we will work with you to ensure that you have the coverage that you deserve, all at the right price to fit your budget.