Enjoy this homemade peppermint bark that will get you into the festive spirit.
Peppermint bark is a nostalgic part of the holiday season. It’s made from crushed candy canes – that only make an appearance around this time of year – and it even looks festive with its white and red decor! Instead of buying the $40 tins of this chocolate, why not make your own? It’s quick (and easy!) to make, and with only four ingredients – What more could you want?
Check out this easy recipe that you can enjoy with the family or hand out as handmade gifts.
- 13.5 ounces dark chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- ⅛ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 3-4 candy canes, crushed
- Line a 9×13 baking dish with parchment paper, leaving enough to hang over the edges.
- Crush candy canes either with a rolling pin or chop by hand with a knife. Set aside.
- Add chocolate, coconut oil, and sea salt to a double boiler. Stirring constantly, melt over medium heat until chocolate is smooth. Remove from heat.
- Pour melted chocolate into the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with crushed candy canes. Place in the freezer to set for 20 minutes.
- Remove from freezer and transfer to a cutting board. Cut or break the bark into squares. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator until ready to serve.