Get your motorbike and classic car ready for warm-weather riding!
Spring is almost here, and many of us are ready for the warmer weather and brighter days after a dismal winter. Fortunately, spring brings the promise of sunshine and ideal conditions to take your beloved vehicle out for a spin. Whether you’re getting your motorcycle or classic car ready for the spring and summer roads, check out these tips to help prepare.
- Check the battery after the vehicle has been left unattended all winter. It may need to be recharged or replaced
- Check and top up the fluid levels (oil, brake fluid, etc.)
- Replace or clean the air filter, depending on how dirty it is
- Change the oil and oil filter
- If your car has power steering, check the power steering fluid
- Check the belt for cracks and other imperfections
- Check the radiator hoses for cracks
- Clean or replace the spark plugs
- Check tire pressure and top them up if necessary
- Have a look around the engine bay for debris from mice or other critters
- Ensure all the lights (signal, brake, and headlights) are working
- Check the inspection sticker and registration. Make sure both are active
- If the car has an electric fuel pump, turn the key one notch and let it click. This action will prime the fuel system and fill up the carburetors. It is also a good time to check for fuel leaks
- If you do not have a fire extinguisher in the car, it is strongly recommended that you do
Start her up!
Let the engine run for a couple of minutes as you look over the vehicle. Move the bike or car and then turn the engine off. If there is fluid on the ground, it could indicate that the vehicle is leaking. If you discover a problem that you are unsure of how to fix, look for a specialized shop to help.
Now that you and your vehicle are ready for the best riding season, ensure that you have the right coverage in place! Contact Lamburt Corporation Insurance for all of your motorbike insurance and classic car insurance needs in Stratford, Connecticut.