Chicken pot pie is a very famous dish across the nation, do you know how to bake this dish?
Prep time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves – cubed
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 3/4 cups chicken broth
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 (9 inch) unbaked pie crusts
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Grab a saucepan and add the chicken, carrots, peas, and celery. Add water to cover the ingredients and boil for about 15 minutes. Remove from the heat, drain, and set aside.
- In the same saucepan, over medium heat, cook the onions in butter until the bits are soft and translucent.
- Place the chicken and other cooked ingredients in the bottom pie crust. Pour the hot liquid mixture over. Cover the mush with the top crust, seal the edges, and cut away any excess dough. Make several concentric slits in order to allow steam to escape the pie.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until the pastry is a golden brown and the filling is bubbly. Cool for 10 minutes before serving.
We at Lamburt Corporation Insurance hope that you are able to bake and enjoy this delicious pie. Contact Lamburt Corporation Insurance in Stratford, CT, for all your insurance needs. As an independent insurance company, we will work with you to ensure that you have the coverage that you deserve, all at the right price to fit your budget.